October 17, 2010

Written in skin

Taking the unwritten code of ethics called Bushido and applying all the teachings I have learned over the years, the code of honor is a warrior philosophy that is my life and has been for quite some time. I continually try to educate and enlighten, essentially help others in having good morals and keeping a positive mindset, and acquire self-confidence by assisting them to reach their potential, because as Mahatma Gandhi once expressed, "Be the change you want to see in the world."
Since Bushido is my philosophy and its teachings are my character, it means a great deal to me. I decided to get a tattoo, showing a small, but significant, physical commitment to my virtues and discipline.



I thought about it for a few years and it is said if you want a tattoo, it is good to keep it in your mind for at least three years, because you may not want it later. People change, so if you believe it still holds significance in your life after three years, pull the trigger in getting the tat. I finalized my decision and got it inked down my spine. Why there you ask, and didn't it hurt!? I wanted the three characters going down my spine because one, Japanese is written vertically, and two, yes it did hurt but that was the temporary pain I gladly endured to again show my commitment to my code of honor. Besides, it felt good after a while, like a numbing feeling.

The word "Bushido," meaning "Way of the Warrior," can be split into either two or three parts.
Bushi= "Warrior" Do= "Way" or "Path"

or

Bu="War" or "Martial" Shi="Warrior" Do="Way"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul, thank you so much for such a great comment on my blog. You really made my day. =)

    I'm so happy to find someone who shares the same opinion and insight to everyday life. It truly makes me feel good to see that amids the big,scary world we live in today, there are still some who cherish the smaller, more personal things in life. Let me just say,

    "Your Awesome!"

    You have a really cool tattoo, and I respect that you chose "Bushido" to be the message on you at all times. Anyone can say they will abide by it, but not everyone can practice it everyday. You've got a great blog going on here, and I'll be sure to check in every day.

    Stay cool and keep being awesome,

    Your new blogging buddy,
    Calvin

    ReplyDelete