April 17, 2023

Motivated, Dedicated

 Before I enlisted in the Army, the extent of my fitness was full-body stretches, push-ups, sit-ups, walking (way before I had my own vehicle), and meditation. My nutrition was good for the most part but I didn't take any vitamins or supplements, I didn't know much about them. In the years following my enlistment, I gradually improved my knowledge of fitness and nutrition, and in turn, my body and mind grew stronger. Fast forward to 2019, I began listening to podcasts, and a whole range of them. Today I'm subscribed to over 20 podcasts, ranging from fieldcraft survival to crime junkies, from military special operators to science, to a podcast about jiu jitsu. I love learning something new, but up until a few years ago, it was slow. Now I feel like a sponge, wanting to have my hand in many facets of life and professions, open to discovering new things or updating the knowledge base I currently have. 

It is stated that your work resume should show a pay increase with every successive job; you should always seek to improve your situation. Now, that's not saying you should work at one place for only six months to a year and then find another job that pays more. That's not a healthy and positive endeavor, especially when a prospective employer looks at your resume and sees you've had a new company every so often. With that being said, my security and military resumes are consistently improving as I add more, new experience to both careers. Never stagnate, stay active in your profession, try and seek out a new or better way of doing something, or seek out someone who can teach you something new (that's applicable and productive though, not a task that's meaningless and adds steps to a process). A black belt in a martial art was once a white belt, and there may be a student who can teach a master a quicker way to perform a technique. Or, if your in a field like Information Technology, there be a fresh employee who is able to teach a supervisor a new technique or more efficient way of doing something. Always be open-minded and humble, no matter how high you get on the ladder in your respective industry. And as you seek new ways or opportunities and learn them, it keeps your mind and skillset sharp.

Back in 2015 I was accepted as a brand ambassador for a fitness apparel company. I did that for a few years, making motivating posts on social media and promoting the brand. It was when the company didn't release anything new or "cool," that I started to wane off posting about them and stopped buying their stuff. Then in 2019 I became a brand ambassador of FNX (Fenix) and they are a much more engaged and appealing company. Not only do they sell comfortable and asthetically-pleasing apparel, they also sell fitness supplements, and a dollar from every purchase goes towards a gallon of water donated to an African country. In addition to all that, the company also has a well-meaning and motivating/inspiring community; all the brand ambassadors ask questions, take polls, and motivate each other, and it's a great group. 

I will be making more fitness posts here, not for promoting and filling this blog with FNX content, but because I now have a passion for fitness, and applying proper nutrition and fitness to one's life is tantamount to being a warrior: fit and healthy in mind, body and soul.


"Performance is the expression of your physical capacity."

No comments:

Post a Comment